Summer 2015 Book Club

Wednesday 3 June 2015

~ now that it's summer time, all we can think about is how we are going to relax and enjoy the sunshine. both Tarah and myself like to enjoy some downtime and do some reading. personally, i am a voracious reader and have been since my youth. i go through many, many novels a month and nothing calms me down as much as reading does.  i'm as old-school as it gets when it comes to books. i, must, need, have to have a book in my hand. not an e-reader, kindle or kobo. i've tried and failed miserably. i love the smell of books, the way the pages tear by the lightest of pulls, the wrinkles of saved pages and the curves of the bind when it bends. my collection of books that i've read in my lifetime rivals a bookstore. i've had to par down so every time i move i don't schlep an obsessive number of novels with me. they're an accomplishment for me, a part of my forgotten youth and they bring me as much joy as my furball of a dog does. i can't imagine a day or a world without a book and i hope i don't have to ~

~ we've joined up with Chapter Indigo's reading initiative and are encouraging everyone to #GetCaughtReading. there are so many amazing novels, fiction, non-fiction, young adult and more available at Chapters Indigo. to make it a bit easier, we've put together a selection of books from our summer book club {it's just me and tarah at the moment but if you'd like to join ;-) }. we're both excited about reading while resting, getting some sunshine and drinking some delicious bevvies! the selection covers fiction, non-fiction, young adult and more. each novel is different. some are light-hearted and others are heavier reads. some may take you the whole summer while others are a good weekend book. i've just started reading The GoldFinch and am very excited about delving deep into this amazing writen, Pulitzer Prize winning novel!~


~ we'd love to hear your suggestions on your favorites and what is on your book list for this summer!! xoxo Oz

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!