Beauty Favorites: {Drugstore Favorites}

Monday 6 April 2015

- i LOVE a good deal, and i especially love a good deal that performs just as good as my favorite luxury products.  these 6 beauty bargains are all products that I use in my professional kit and personal kit.  as a makeup artist i won't use anything on my clients that i haven't tried on myself, i like to know the feeling, texture, and what it truly looks like so i can make the perfect choices for them. 

- Ardell Wispies and Quo 803 lashes: i go through INSANE amounts of eyelashes every year. i also love to wear them myself and these two styles are my absolute favorite and probably the ones i use the most often.  they both have very thin bands which makes them light weight to wear, ardell's wispies are a celebrity makeup favorite because of their overlapping tips which make them easy to stack but mimics your natural lashes. quo's 803 lashes add definition but the softness of the hairs keeps the look natural, i use these on myself the most, and because they're short on both ends and longer in the middle, if you cut the strip in the middle you can use the pieces on either end of your upper lash line.

- L'oreal Voluminous mascara is a celebrity favorite as well, and has been my go to mascara for a long while. i use this on myself and my clients in both their regular and waterproof formulas and love the softness and shape of the brush.  the mascara formula itself isn't drying at all, even with the waterproof formula and it gives great buildable volume. a perfect dupe for lancome hypnose mascara.

- Bioderma Sensibo cleansing water is the only cleansing water i use in my professional kit.  i've tried quite a few in my early years, evian, clinique, lancome, avene, etc and i happened to be reading an article in Vogue with Pat McGrath and she talked about which products she stocks up on when she goes to Paris for fashion week.  this little gem was something i thought only a trip to Paris would get me until i happened upon it at Shoppers Drug Mart, MIND BLOWN. use it to take makeup off, refresh your skin, perfect for all skin types but if you happen to need a bit more oil control Bioderma also has one for oily skin.

- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR this dry oil is well copied ( NARS, etc) and as I can't claim to know who came out with this type of product first what I do know is that I love it for the price and for it's multiple uses.  It's 95% natural ingredients are also a big plus along with the golden glow it adds to your skin, face and hair if you choose to use it everywhere.  I love this on my arms and legs in the summer, just mix a little into your suncreen!

- Boot's No.7 Protect and Prevent Intense serum is a fantastic product that can be used both day and night (most effective if applied at nighttime as it aids in exfoliation) and gives instant smoothness to your skin.  similar to other exfoliating serums it sloughs off dead skin cells in order to give you more glow, and a softer and more even skin tone. if ever you were thinking about trying out a serum start with this one! not only is it a great price but it's a perfect entry level serum for any one, no matter age or skin concerns.

- stay tuned for more #makeupmonday posts in the weeks to come, as Oz and I bring you our favorite picks from brands like Benefit, Maybelline, Essie, Stila and many many more!






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!